Analyst firm Gartner has said that companies should think carefully before migrating from the Internet Explorer browser to the open-source Firefox browser from Mozilla.
The Gartner report said Firefox's growth, so far, was "unsustainable" as many of the features that had made it popular were primarily aimed at individual users not businesses.
Gartner said the most likely scenario in the future is that Internet Explorer will co-exist with Firefox on PC's as companies install Firefox as a back-up browser and to make sure they do not miss out on future features.
Another probable factor in Firefox failing to severely dent Internet Explorer's base in the commercial sector is the increasing number of worms and viruses now targeting Firefox and other browser alternatives to Internet Explorer.
(full article here)
Friday, February 11
- Technical Problems
- Sorry for the Pageload Delay
- Where do you want to go today ? (anywhere but Wind...
- Session Time Bomb
- Warning - This is highly addictive
- Searching for Entertainment
- Valentine's Day
- The Irony
- Windows XP Updates Questionaire
- Firms warned to approach Firefox migration with ca...
- Remember You're a One-Ball
- KlipFolio - The Smartest Way to Stay Informed
- I've Been Judged (again)
- Mynah Matters
- Flash Cards
- Rugby fan cut off his own testicles
- Blog of the Day
- Gmail Invites - Up for grabs
- Dell-ighted Customers
- Optical Illusions
- The Daily Blog -- BLOG OF THE MONTH AWARD
- I'll Use Whatever I Choose
- Out Of The Frying Pan ?
- Safer Surfing For Internet Explorer Users
- ▼ February (24)