I spent the best part of a day installing SP1 and all the darn security and critical updates, I get to the last update and what happens, the thing hangs-up --- no prob thinks I, i'll just continue from where I left off --- so, I go back to Windows Update and continue the download.
30 minutes later the update is installed and the dialogue box informs me that I have to restart the PC, I click 'Restart now' and hey presto! ... the fecking PC goes into an eternal loop of restarting as soon as Windows has loaded. After spending hours trying to rectify the problem I finally give in and do a complete re-install of XP, which takes another 8hrs (having to install drivers, apps and all the other crap).
Now one of my qualities is 'persistence', so off I go to windows update and proceed to download SP1 and all the other critical crap. Many hours later i'm downloading the last of the batch, when... you guessed it, the download hangs-up again. Eventually I get the last of the updates and I'm presented with the 'Restart now' dialogue box, hesitantly I click the mouse and ....and everything works fine.
The moral of this story:
If at first you dont succeed, don't expect to know why.
- Technical Problems
- Sorry for the Pageload Delay
- Where do you want to go today ? (anywhere but Wind...
- Session Time Bomb
- Warning - This is highly addictive
- Searching for Entertainment
- Valentine's Day
- The Irony
- Windows XP Updates Questionaire
- Firms warned to approach Firefox migration with ca...
- Remember You're a One-Ball
- KlipFolio - The Smartest Way to Stay Informed
- I've Been Judged (again)
- Mynah Matters
- Flash Cards
- Rugby fan cut off his own testicles
- Blog of the Day
- Gmail Invites - Up for grabs
- Dell-ighted Customers
- Optical Illusions
- The Daily Blog -- BLOG OF THE MONTH AWARD
- I'll Use Whatever I Choose
- Out Of The Frying Pan ?
- Safer Surfing For Internet Explorer Users
- ▼ February (24)