It seems that because I choose not to be manipulated by the present trend to migrate to Firefox, that I have become a target for derision by various bloggers (who incidentally hide behind anonymity).I wish to therefore point out to this/these person(s) that my choice of Browser/OS is not for them to decide, no more than it is for me to dictate to anyone else which Browser/OS they should use.
It is my right to use whichever browser and/or OS that I choose, as it is their right to use whichever they choose.
If you wish to be persuaded by the current Anti-Microsoft movement, then at least go the whole nine yards and stop using Windows XP/ME/98/NT/95 etc, after all you could at least show commitment to the cause.
A point of note, it is because I use Internet Explorer that I am aware of its vulnerabilities and am therefore diligent in my measures against them. Can the same be said for those that use Firefox and other Mozilla browsers? After all, you do realise that to date there have been 55 exploits identified in these browsers, which enable hackers to gain access to your system without detection. It seems to me that people are installing Firefox under the false pretence that they are now safe (admittedly these exploits are being addressed).
One last point, the claim to security that has been made concerning Firefox is actually issuing a challenge for hackers to find its exploits.
- Technical Problems
- Sorry for the Pageload Delay
- Where do you want to go today ? (anywhere but Wind...
- Session Time Bomb
- Warning - This is highly addictive
- Searching for Entertainment
- Valentine's Day
- The Irony
- Windows XP Updates Questionaire
- Firms warned to approach Firefox migration with ca...
- Remember You're a One-Ball
- KlipFolio - The Smartest Way to Stay Informed
- I've Been Judged (again)
- Mynah Matters
- Flash Cards
- Rugby fan cut off his own testicles
- Blog of the Day
- Gmail Invites - Up for grabs
- Dell-ighted Customers
- Optical Illusions
- The Daily Blog -- BLOG OF THE MONTH AWARD
- I'll Use Whatever I Choose
- Out Of The Frying Pan ?
- Safer Surfing For Internet Explorer Users
- ▼ February (24)